Did you know?
- from 2007 to 2019, the cost of household essentials increased faster than the cost of other goods and services; 3.4% annually while inflation was 1.8%
- across our state, 1.5 milllion, or 38 percent of households struggle to afford basic necessitities (housing, childcare, food, technology, health care, transportation)?
- single adults now need an annual salary of just over $23,400, while a family of four needs an annual salary of over $64,100 - just to afford the basics; even though these amounts are significantly higher than the 2019 Federal Poverty Level of $12,490 for a single adult and $25,750 for a family of four.
- of Allegan County households, 31% live with an income that is considered below a basic survival threshold.
- in Michigan, 78% of those who live below the poverty line are households headed by single mothers
Homes of Hope is a transitional housing program offered by Love INC and a network of area churches, providing a safe and affordable option for families struggling to survive in the face of economic hardship. Program participants find themselves surrounded by a supportive team living out God's love, educational classes, and access to pantries with material goods to meet basic needs.